Stray dog bite

Stray dog bit A stray dog bit me on 10th of this month, while I was in a village. I went to the govt. hospital, but they didn't provide the vaccination, so I had to get it done in a nearby medical store. I got my first injection on 11th and second on 13th. Now I am in Bangalore and none of the hospitals are ready to provide vaccination without prescription from the previous doctor. Please help on this matter. I know the days on which I have to get the Rabipur injection(0, 3, 7, 14, 28 day). Can I get it done in any medical store ? Will there be any complications ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Stray dog bite

Dr. Sandeep Kumar Delhi | General Physician
Dear sir, You have right knowledge about this. Yes completing all the doses are important. You can buy the vaccine from a medical store and take it in any of the nursing homes in bangalore. What is also required is taking a TT injection along with it in case you have not taken it in your last 5 yrs. Regards, Dr. Sandeep Kumar