Storg things from garbage

My aunt she is from upper middle class family ..has their own house etc... she was taking pills with psychiatrist consultant for mild paranoid disorder.she is taking pills regularly n she is fine now.but she has a strange behavior of storings things that she finds in nearby garbage of her home( eg: like torned handbands school bags dress)...and she stores hiddenly from not letting anyone to see things... Is this a disorder ...or anything else? What kind of disorder is this?
views-icons 43 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Storg things from garbage

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, yes it is a part of the paranoid disorder where patients find an obsession towards certain objects, habits or even people. This behavior can be rectified by taking her for counseling sessions because she would given therapies which will work as a reference for her immediate support system and they can practice it at home to curb such a behavior. So I would you to take her to a counselor near you who is experienced at providing therapies (clinical psychologist) to clients with clinical disorders.