liver-icon
Stop taking insulin
Hi my father is a diabetes 2 patient and has diabetes since approx 10 years ,he was injecting insulin directly from last 2 3 years along with other tablets. He lost the pen recently and has not used been injecting insulin from.last 7 days . The blood sugar levels are not shooting upm they are in the range of 170s . How is it possible? When he was using insulin the blood sugar was still in 150-160 range. can this be possible? Or is there any honeymoon period after which the sugar levels will shoot up? Please reply.

Hello there.  I can understand your concern.  It depends basically if he is having a proper diet and taking medicines properly it can be in some control. I would suggest you consult a diabetologist in person for further evaluation and management.  Ask him if he requires any dose adjustments. Get a fasting, plst prandial and HbA1c levels also done. Best regards.  Dr. Anil kumar jain. Bangalore.

Insulin injection pens How to inject insulin Regular insulin u 500