Stomach Pain
Hi .. I am soft ware professional and i frequently (once in 3 months) get the stomach pain which lasts for 2-3 days . During this time i will have semi liquid motion around 7-8 times a day and feel very week. I have to take rest on my belly to reduce the pain and some normal medication prescribed from local chemist .I observed that this pain comes only if i do not consume break fast and lunch but have dinner with oily food. Is this a gastric problem ? Please suggest

Dr. R. Kamalakannan
Gastroenterologist 18 yrs exp Chennai

This looks like functional bowel disorder.Still some of the organic diseases mimic like this.Need some tests to confirm. This is due to alteration in brain gut axis control. This will respond to combined treatment with medicines and life style changes.