Stitch scar on the head
I have a head scar on my head which is 5 inches, i wanted to do a hair transplant on it so i had shown in DHI , mg road but they say that you cant do anything with a scar. I wanted to know if there is any laser treatment to first reduce the scar bulge , make it flat as normal heads surface and then go for a hair transplant.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings. Yes for some scars it may be important to initiate scar modulation techniques like Microneedling or fractional carbon di oxide laser to improve the scar tissue and then plan treatment of the scarring alopecia by hair transplant surgery. I would need to see the patient personally to comment further. Warm regards Dr Govind Suresh Mittal, Bengaluru.