Stiffness and pain in bac

I have severe back pain and stiffness every morning after I wake up. This problem only surfaces after a long night sleep and I do not feel any pain or have any problem with any movement during the day. I checked on google for symptoms and I found that it could be ankylosing spondylitis. I am not sure what could be the cause, it takes 5 minutes every morning to get up from the bed and get away from pain.

Doctor Answers (1) on Stiffness and pain in bac

Venkat Raghav Bangalore | General Physician
Hello, suddenly jumping into conclusion with simple history is not correct. back stiffness every morning indicates that your mechanics are not working correctly. Usually morning stiffness indicates that the day’s before activities were too much for your spine to handle. This could mean that your sitting or standing postures at work are incorrect.Do exercises which helps in relaxing back muscles. Sit in straight posture, Don't stress your spine much . x Ray or MRI spine helps in diagnosing ankylosing spondylitis.