Steven Johnson Syndrome

I'm having PMC (Paramayotonia Congenita) since last 9 years. I took a medicine Phenytoin in 2009 for PMC but it reacted as SJS. Now I face problem while taking medicines. Every class of medicine reacts me. What should I do?

Doctor Answers (1) on Steven Johnson Syndrome

Thanks for the query. I hope you had a mutational analysis to confirm pachyonychia congenita amd the best part is that you can get it done for free. Many diseases may resemble pachyonychia congenita but are not. Please feel free to contact me, in case you need more information about this ultra rare disease and how to arrange genetic testing. Your present problem with medication is however not related to your PC and has to be discussed in detail as this is very limited information for drug allergies. Path testing for drugs are available and can be performed at centres equipped with all facilities so that in case of an emergency, it can be managed.
Meet a Dermatologist.
Avoid self medication, Carry a note of the medications your are allergic to and mention them to your doctor.