Staphylococcus aureus

What is Staphylococcus aureus? 10 months ago I had rashes all over my face and scalp only. On consulting to local doctor, found high IGE level 930. After medication, the rashes were gone. But since three - four months now, I m again having itchy rashes on my body. On checking for IGE level again it was reduced to 330. Was browsing on the net and found Staphylococcus aureus could be the cause. I am having digestion problems too. Please help me find out the root cause for this.

Doctor Answers (1) on Staphylococcus aureus

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hi...... Staphylococcus aureus is a bacterium that is both an asymptomatic colonizer and frequent cause of disease in humans .... It is a highly versatile pathogen that causes a range of clinical manifestations of varying severity, and is the most commonly isolated pathogen in the setting of skin and soft-tissue infections, septic arthritis, pneumonia, endovascular infections, osteomyelitis, foreign-body associated infections......