Stammering

I'm facing problem regarding stammering. How can I treat that. It s increasing day by day.so,what can i do for it?

Doctor Answers (2) on Stammering

Dr. Vivek Pahwa Delhi | Homeopath
Sir you can record your voice while speaking something and what'sapp to my number with the help of homoeopathic medicines you can be cured of your problem and even talk to me on phone .I need to ask u some more questions about the problem.a medicine will be sent via courier and you will surely benefit
Dr. Hithysh BM Bangalore | General Physician
Hello Several different approaches are available to treat children and adults who stutter. Because of varying individual issues and needs, a method — or combination of methods — that's helpful for one person may not be as effective for another. A few examples of treatment approaches — in no particular order of effectiveness — include: Controlled fluency. This type of speech therapy teaches you to slow down your speech and learn to notice when you stutter. You may speak very slowly and deliberately when beginning this type of speech therapy, but over time, you can work up to a more natural speech pattern. Electronic devices. Several electronic devices are available. Delayed auditory feedback requires you to slow your speech or the speech will sound distorted through the machine. Another method mimics your speech so that it sounds as if you're talking in unison with someone else. Some small electronic devices are worn during daily activities. Cognitive behavioral therapy. This type of psychological counseling can help you learn to identify and change ways of thinking that might make stuttering worse. It can also help you resolve underlying stress, anxiety or self-esteem problems related to stuttering. Parental support and involvement is a key part of helping a child cope with stuttering, especially with some methods. Follow the guidance of the speech-language pathologist to determine the best approach for your child. Treatment for stuttering may be done at home, with a speech-language pathologist or as part of an intensive program. The goal is to help you or your child communicate effectively and fully participate in daily activities. Medication Although some medications have been tried for stuttering, no drugs have been proved yet to help the problem. Consult psychiatrist and speech therapist for further evaluation and treatment.