Stage II AVN

I am female having age 22. Doctors are suggesting for operation and also they are telling that my marriage life will be affected by this. Geographic areas of altered signal are seen involving the anterosuperior and posterosuperior quadrants of both femoral heads. On both sides the central portion appears hyperintense on T1, T2 and is suppressed on STIR images, suggestive of fat. The margin of the lesion appears hypointense on T1 and T2 weighted images. Approximately 60-70 % of the circumference of both femoral heads are involved. Mild bilateral hip joint effusions is seen. The contour of right femoral head is maintained. Mild collapse is seen of the left femoral head. The geographic areas show no enhancement following contrast administration. The edema in the left femoral head shows enhancement. Impression: The imaging findings represent stage II AVN on the right side and stage IV AVN on the left side. Please suggest me the beat possible options.

Doctor Answers (1) on Stage II AVN

Dr. Chethan R S Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there..... I went through your query....In Bone reshaping  a wedge of bone is removed above or below a weight-bearing joint, to help shift your weight off the damaged bone. Bone reshaping might allow you to postpone joint replacement..... If your diseased bone has already collapsed or other treatment options aren't helping, you might need surgery to replace the damaged parts of your joint with plastic or metal parts.....