chest-icon

Sputum for long time

From last few months in facing sputum problem. Earlier I use to smoke and since from last 4 months I stopped! Occasionally 1/mth cigarettes I had smoke there after. Initially I facing sputum on throat on morning wakeup!

Doctor Answers (1) on Sputum for long time

Dr. Amruth Sindhu Bangalore | Pulmonologist
Hi. I understand your concerns. Your symptoms are due to smoking. Stop smoking before it causes you anymore harm. You might be having bronchitis. You will need to undergo a detailed examination and investigations like chest x ray to look for infection. if it's normal then you will need to undergo pulmonary function test which is needed for diagnosis and also to assess severity of bronchitis based on which treatment can be started. Consult a pulmonologist for the same. if you are from bangalore you can consult me at my clinic at hebbal kempapura. Hope your questions were answered. Thanks.