Spotting 5 days post IUI
I have undergone IUI this cycle. On may 31st i had my hcg trigger shot and on june 1st and 2nd IUI (double IUI) was done. I am on progesterone, aspirin and arginine medications. on june 5th, i noticed spotting and again on june 7th. Spotting was of brown in colour. there was a very little spotting (may be of 1-2 drops). today i.e; on june 7th i am having light abdominal cramps (twinges kind of) suddenly but not continuously. As per the cycle, periods should commence at least 12 days after ovulation. But what does this spotting indicate when i am still on progesterone. i have heard progesterone delays the periods. but why am i spotting a week prior to the periods?

Dr. Sujoy Dasgupta
Gynecologist/Obstetrician 9 yrs exp Kolkata

First of all stay relaxed. I hope this is spotting, not bleeding. The reasons may be- implantation bleeding due to pregnancy. The second possibility is sometimes progesterone can cause spotting (thus is a known side effect of progesterone). The third possibility is rare, provided IUI is done in sterile set up- that is infection after IUI. Right now pkease stay relaxed, go for urine pregnancy test after 5-6 days. All the best.
Dr. Parag Patil
Obstetrician 24 yrs exp Thane
Spotting after IUI could be due to either endometrial injury or implantation of even a initial falling off of the endometrium ( prior to menses ) Though you are on progesterone, such spotting is there in some patients. wait till your expected date of menses as per LMP, and then do a Urine pregnancy test as guided by your gynecologist
Dr. Rita Bakshi
Gynecologist 32 yrs exp Delhi
This can be implantation spotting, so there is a possibility you might get pregnant this cycle. So wait till your cycle delays, and then get pregnancy test done for confirmation.