Spirometry Report advise
Dear Doctor, this is regarding spirometry report of my father.he is a retired surgeon.i somehow got to see his spirometry report highlights of which are below, Pre Medication Report ~ early small airway obstruction.report shows severe restriction as FVC% 70 Pre COPD Severity report ~ COPD Severity is restrictive I can send you screenshot of whole report.can you please advise me what it means ? He is 62 now and is habituated to smoking for so many years. I believe he takes 15-20 cigarettes a day. please help. Thanks a Lot !

Dr. G NALINI
Pulmonologist 2 yrs exp Hyderabad
Heavy smokers develop small airways disease which is progressive.i advise to quit smoking.consult pulmonologist to show spirometry report as it cannot be interpreted on one value.kindly consult pulmonologist for accurate opinion and treatment