Spine disc problem
My mom is having pain in lower back with pain,numbness, pins and needles below knee area and sometimes in hands and between neck and shoulder as well. MRI says following three thing: 1: Castellvi type 2A(right) lumbosacral transitional vertebra at L5 2: L3-L4 disc -> circumferential disc bulge indenting thecal sac & compressing bilateral traversing L4 roots at lateral recess. 3: L4-L5 disc -> Diffuse annular bulge indenting thecal sac & compressing bilateral traversing L5 root at lateral access( right > left). Please help me telling best place I can take her in Bangalore (or in India) to get this treated properly because its been a year she is facing this problem and is this just a ortho issue or neuro as well ? TIA
169 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Hanume Gowda S N
Orthopedist 18 yrs exp Bangalore
Sorry to know the ordeal she is going through. She needs a good assessment by an Orthopaedic Surgeon. .. She is suffering from a condition called sciatica. ..or in layman term..slipped disc. Treatment will be decided after a complete clinical evaluation. There is not much a neurologist can do in this... Orthopedic surgeon or a neurosurgeon will help. There is no technical difference between the two when it comes to treating this condition.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.