Sonography time span
After how many days of pregnancy should someone does the first sonography. Please tell me. Regards

Dr. Kuldeep Wagh
Gynecologist 14 yrs exp Pune

First scan would be immediately done to confirm pregnancy. Next scan at around 8 weeks to confirm viability. Third scan at around 16 weeks to see anamolies
Dr. Neelima Deshpande
Sexologist 27 yrs exp Pune
Thank you for your question. I would recommend an ultrasound examination at 5-6 weeks gestation because you can confirm that the pregnancy is inside the uterus and if the gestational age is correct a heartbeat is visible on transvaginal scan. In some systems the first scan is not done till 12 weeks but I feel this is too late for some cases where we want to do some blood tests before that time. Hope this helps