Somidi in days baby boy
Hi doctor.. My baby is now 8 months. Initially when he was within 1 month...a disease called somidi observed by elders at home. Due to which he turned blackish from his birth color of fair..lost hair. .started arching body every second..crying non stop. Even now he does this at a times. Please help me understanding this disease and what will cause this and how to overcome it..

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

I am not sure about the condition you mentioned and its best to visit a doctor for better understanding. It may be worthwhile to visit a Dermatologist and a paediatrician. This presentation can be seen with many skin diseases. The best option is to consult a Dermatologist in person to understand the problem and get it diagnosed. A proper treatment can then be started. Discuss the situation and hope it will be cleared in few days. Don't delay the appointment. You can use​​ a bland moisturiser till then