Sneezing w/ a runny nose
For 4 months or more I've been sneezing with rather extreme force throughout the day. I was previously diagnosed with Allergic Rhinitis. Since the last 3 days I've a continuous running nose with a transparent and slightly viscous mucous along with rigorous sneezing. Is this the allergy acting up? What should I do?

Dr. Vinay S Bhat
ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore

It might be just allergic rhinitis or sometimes it may get infected and becomes rhinosinusitis. If you are taking regular allergy medications and still symptoms are persisting then it may be infection and you may need to take antibiotics antihistamine decongestant tablets and nasal drops for few days. If you are not on any allergy medicines please start taking them