Sneezing and cold

Hi, I have sneezing problem for past few years (i.e approximately from 2011) . Every morning I start sneeze continuously at least for 50 times. When I consulted ENT specialist, he told that the bone inside the nose is bent. He just gave some tablets (zyxal M) and as long as I was in tablets, I didn't have that problem. After that, again it starts. To prevent sneezing I avoided all cold items and covering my nose as long as possible from dust. Still I am facing this problem most of the days, but Its like 10 - 20 sneezes a day.Sometimes I can feel stomach pain while sneezing. Is there anything we could do to stop sneezing permanently?

Doctor Answers (1) on Sneezing and cold

Sharath Kumar K N Mandya | General Physician
Hello,, madam it seems like you have Deviated nasal septum (septum). A deviated septum occurs when the thin wall (nasal septum) between your nostrils is displaced to one side. In many people, the nasal septum is displaced — or deviated — making one nasal passage smaller.When a deviated septum is severe, it can block one side of your nose and reduce airflow, causing difficulty breathing, recurrent sinus infection, frequent rhinitis (runny nose, sneezing) The additional exposure of a deviated septum to the drying effect of airflow through the nose may sometimes contribute to crusting or bleeding in certain individuals. For treatment antihistaminics are given first to avoid allergy,if not controlled, To correct a deviated septum, surgery(septoplasty) is better and permanent choice.