Smelly white discharge

Hi. i am suffering from pcos for almost 6 yrs . I didnt find correct treatment. adding to this i too have thyroid problem. can someone tell me is their a permanent cure for pcos? bcos of pcos nd thyroid i am unable to loose weight even i do exercise follow diet nothing works out ?white discharge smells nd i get rashes

Doctor Answers (1) on Smelly white discharge

Thank you for your question.
I can understand your frustration with pcod. Generally speaking you cannot stop exercise and strict eating habits as these are the foundation for managing the metabolic problems associated with pcod. You need to find a nutritionist and a personal trainer who understands your needs. Your ability to keep your weight within the normal range will define your long term health risks of developing diabetes, hypertension, infertility, cancer etc these are all adversely affected by excessive weight (body fat).  When you exercise and gain muscle and lose fat you reduce the stress accumulating in your body, help balance insulin levels and reduce your risk of long term lifestyle disorders. So, to conclude, pcod can be managed, not cured. Your ability to manage your exercise diet and in particular your weight determines your long term success. This is possible provided you take your personal trainer and nutritionists guidance on board and follow it strictly. There is no quick fix. Your ovarian function also needs protecting with the help of combined estrogen and progestogen pills.
You may wish to read more about pcod on
Best wishes