Small lump near groin

Hi, Since last 3-4 days, a small (2 cms) but relatively hard lump has developed near groin area (left leg). See picture Earlier I thought it is due to a breaking of a hair follicle but that usually goes within a day or two. This hasn't I had fever last week and visited a doctor. He gave me the red liquid and few pills (assuming antibiotics). Not sure if there is any connection I'm a healthy male otherwise with no medical issues. Can someone please suggest as to what this could be. Should I visit a dermatogist or a urologist? Thanks in advance

Dr. Vijay Adhe
Dermatologist 10 yrs exp Pune
Hi From your picture it looks furuncle only. It is a bacterial infection of hair follicle. You need Antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs which will reduce infection and swelling respectively. You have not mentioned the name of antibiotic. Against your belief, furuncle doesn't resolve in 1 day. You need to complete the course of proper antibiotics. If it is not resolving even with antibiotics then please visit a qualified dermatologist soon. Nothing to worry as furuncles tend to resolve with proper treatment. Warm regards Dr Vijay Adhe, Eternis Skin & Hair Clinic, Pune. www.eternisclinic.com