Sleeping pills effect
I m suffering from depression and taking Ativan 1mg and daxid 50mg on doctor's prescription q.d. since 4 days and im in half sleep for the entire day and can not feel fresh at all in these days. Is it normal ? What to do?

Dr. Antara Gupta
Neuropsychiatrist 13 yrs exp Aligarh

A Shift to non sedating antianxiety drug like etizolam or tofisopam should work. Also sertraline should be optimised. It doesn't cause sleepiness.
Ms. Hema Sampath
Clinical Psychologist 11 yrs exp Bangalore

The symptoms.are common side effects. I would suggest to meet a counsellor cum psychologist so that you can come out of deprr5if it is mild and resolved weasel. Take care c
Sharath Kumar K N
General Physician Mandya
Hello, I went through your query , common side effects for both drugs include Drowsiness, relaxed and calm, Excessive sleepiness, dizziness, feeling tired, loss of energy, as a common sideffects (there are many other sideffects for each drug). Most of them get through these, driving and working in machineries and electrical items should be avoided while on this medications, if troubling much please talk to your doctor regarding this.