Sleeping disorder

Sometimes I wake up from sleep and see string-like structures floating in the air, and sometimes it's like the ceiling is coming down onto me. It is slightly scary for a second or two and then I realise that it's not real - a hallucination maybe? This started when I was 17 or 18 (although once I saw a robot-like silhouette in a similar situation when I was maybe 14) and it occurred only twice or thrice since then until about a couple of weeks ago the frequency of occurrence increased - I had these hallucinations 3 times already in two weeks! I haven't been a very happy person for a while now and I don't know if that has got something to do with this problem, but since it's all interconnected somewhere I'd like to know if I have some underlying neurological issues. I've read about this and it seems common but I'm still concerned. Hoping for a good answer. Thanks!
views-icons 64 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Sleeping disorder

Dr. Amit Jagtiani Agra | Psychiatrist
First get an evaluation from an ophthalmologist to find out any serious cause of these floaters. If it comes out to ve normal then it could be hypnopompic hallucinations. They usually occur when a person gets up from sleep. U can consult a psychiatrist for that
Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there we thank you foe your patience and putting up your view on practo forum. But then you see this present situation you're facing might be normal or abnormal. Let's see you were saying that you onlysee things in the night only then itseems that the things you see are only your imaginations totally depend upon your mood before sleeping. It seems like you think alto about your condition and by that you're letting it take over you. The onlyway to get rid of this is too get food sleep and prior to that your mind should be of pleasant things for that develop habit inbreeding good books. Fix a time for your sleep. Do not watch any fantasy movies beforenyou sleep. Just try this for one month and if this isn't working then try consulting a psychiatrist. Thank you