Skin tone is getting dark

My skin tone is getting darker after coming to chennai.I am also getting wound type pimple all over body due to heat probably. I am going to office at 8:45 by walk and skin is exposed to sun for 10 minutes only. I used to apply VLCC sun block spf 30PA+++. I also cover my face with scarf. My covered body parts like legs, stomach, back are also getting darker. So the reason cannot be sun only as per my thinking. Please give a solution to lighten my skin tone.

Dr. Niraj Gujarathi
Ayurveda 9 yrs exp Nashik

According to Ayurveda might be due to impure blood & excessive body heat does tann your skin. Ill suggest you to go for body detoxification like virechan & raktamokshan . Wash skin regularly with ayurvedic powders like anantmool. Start ayurvedic medicines to control issue soon
Dull skin can occur due to environmental factors like pollutants, dust. nutritional deficiency, unhealthy lifestyle, psychological factors like stress, anxiety etc. Aging also causes dullness as skin will be more& more susceptible to damage with increasing age. Hormonal imbalance sometimes associated with dull skin. Smoking and excessive alcohol consumption also dulls skin. Excess of caffeine dehydrates the skin cells, so try to restrict it.Patient usually complains of loss of natural glow of the skin due to this reasons.Things which improves the glow of skin like antioxidants,vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, B- complex vitamins like citrus fruits, apricots, watermelon, cantaloupe, mango,berries(blueberries, raspberries etc),almonds, pomegranate, peanuts,avocado,green leafy vegetables, fresh raw sprouts etc. Include whole grains in your diet. Honey and green tea can also be helpful. Sleep deprivation also causes loss of glow of skin, so try to have atleast 8hrs of sleep. Dehydration also causes dull skin so always try to stay hydrated by having 2-3 litres or 10-12 glasses of water daily. Do daily morning brisk walking, yoga and meditation as it will be helpful in destressing and pranayama helps in good oxygenation of the body including the skin cells. If you dont find the above advice helpful, kindly consult a dermatologist for further management.