Acne & skin darkening.

Hi , I am 24 years old & suffering from pimples & black patches/spots on my face, back. Ayurvedic doctor prescribed me mahamanjishtha kadha, Thiostanin(raktashodhak vati), gandhak rasayan(tab), shankhabhasma vati & trifala churna. I am taking it from last 2.5 months. Meanwhile I notice my skin tone is becoming more dark. Is it a side effect of above medicines? How long to consume mahamanjishta kadha & above medicines to get rid of pimples & dark spots from face? I am very afraid as my skin becoming more darker. It appears oily, dull & durty. Can mahamanjishtha kadha treat this? I didn’t notice any changes in the situation in last 2.5 months. Is it safe to consume gandhak rasayan & mahamanjishtadi kadha together for acne & skin disease ? Waiting for Reply... Many Thank, Om.

Doctor Answers (4) on Acne & skin darkening.

Above medicines are theorotically correct but may change from patient to patient and प्रक्रुती. If you are of pitt prakruti mahamanjisthadi kadha will worsen the situation.Also gandhak rasayan is a kalp to be given after proper शाेधनof patient.. Till.now i will.suggest you पटाेलमूलादी कषाय( 2tsf at bed time). Worm infestation plays a key role in skin damaging so krumikuthar ras (1tab at bed time). You will.get best results after detail case history and prakruti parikshan, with detail.information of your daily routine.
For local application ? U need to do changes in medicines. Consult another doctor If your not satisfied Try to get done virechan & raktamokshan u 'll get better & fast results.
Dr. Yogesh Joshi Pune | Ayurveda
OM, Along with medicine you also have to correct you diet. There must be some cause which is creating problem in the treatment. The treatment is wright but generalized. You need to be examined properly and then the line of treatment should be decided. Visit for further assistance. Till then it is suggested to take Guduchyadi kashayam 4 tsf for 2 times after food, Avipattikar churna 1 tsf at night with warm water.
Had ayurvedic dr.taken your full case history.Are you controlling diet as per suggestions. You can apply boiled and smashed potato pulp on face to remove tanning.