Skin tanning.
Hello, I have been doing regular swimming for couple of months now. Sun + chlorinated water has caused my skin colour to become darker by 3 times. Is the tanning permanent?? Are there any precautions other than sunscreens which would help ( before and after swimming)?? How can I get rid of the tan?? Kindly advise. Thank you Best regards.

Dr. Manoj Agarwala

​​​Outdoor activities make our skin tan. The only option is to wear protective full sleeves clothing, cap or a hat, to carry an umbrella and sunglasses. Skin already tanned can be treated with depigmenting creams. A good skin care regimen comprises 4 steps - cleansing, toning, moisturizing and sunblock. Based on your skin type, a dermatologist will recommend you appropriate products You can consider full sleeves clothes or an indoor swimming pool.