Skin swelling persistent

I had a road accident 2 months ago. I had multiple concussions/Scratches over the body. I consulted immediate doctor and was recommended CONTRATUBEX cream to help reduce the dark spots. But still i can see swelling at some parts ? Is it due to the fact that cut was deep at those parts ? or shall i try changing the cream ?

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin swelling persistent

Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
The gel youbate using is sufficient. As you rightly said some areas will be deeper and lead to hypertrophic scars. These are thick scars. Hypertrophic scars are treated with LASER or injection (medicine is injected into the scar to make it soft). Dark spots will not reduce with contratubex. That is a process of healing called post inflammatory pigmentation. There are many creams available for that which you will have to get prescribed after consulting with a dermatologist. Warm regards. Dr. Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore