Skin rashes

I have got skin rashes under my armpit. Please refer the pictures attached. I have been using ring guard on them from past 10 days but they are not heeling. Please suggest what should I do to get rid of it.
views-icons 38 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Skin rashes

Thanks for expecting Healthier Fairness n fitness solutions with Ayurved, though pics not clear demands immediate assistance till u consult AYURVEDIC Dr keep it dry n at night apply mix of camphor n coconut oil
Dr. Rajdeep Bangalore | Dermatologist
The pictures are very unclear madam. It looks like a fungal infection. You will need to consult a dermatologist so that u can be properly examined to reach a final diagnosis. If it is a fungal infection you will need some anti fungal creams and tablets. You will need to keep the area dry. For itching you can take antihistamines like Levocetrizine once or twice a day depending on the severity of itching. Medications like ring guard are a combination of several medicines including steroids. I would advice you to discontinue it since steroids cause lot of side effects if used for along time. Steroids can also make the infection spread and make the fungus resistant to normal antifungals. Warm regards. Dr.Rajdeep Mysore. Chirag Hospital Bangalore