Skin lightening treatment

Hello , i was wondering to go on for a skin lightening treatment. i was born with medium skin complexion but due to my fathers regular transfer to different places in india.. i got darker and darker.. now i look like a typical south indian , i was not like this before and would like to get back to at least a complexion which is not dark neither fair. i have this lack of vitamin b in my body as well , as i frequently get ulcers in the inside of my mouth .. so , was wondering if i should take a skin lightening treatment at least to remove my tan on the skin .. can you please tell me if it is possible ? to get my complexion a little fairer ? any treatment which is effective and does not cost much , i am ready to take care of my skin now and will do anything to keep it good. please help. thank you. and i dont need that dark skin motivation , i am not depressed :3 just want my skin complexion back. so..

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin lightening treatment

Greetings. First of all, kindly refrain from passing regionalistic remarks or racist comments - fair is not = beautiful!! It is normal for most people to darken by a couple of shades in their teens and early twenties, but many of them regain some of their color as they get settled in more 'indoor' jobs. Largely our acquired colour depends on our sun exposure and on our exposure to pollution, etc (you must have noticed - skin looks clearer after a long holiday to a not so polluted city/country). Apart from these, there may be other causes of pigmentation - as a part of photoageing/hormonal changes/vitamin deficiencies/ so on and so forth. The pattern of change of skin tone gives the dermatologist an insight into cause of your pigmentation. So just lightening creams may not be the ultimate solution. You may also need B12 level evaluation and treatment. See a qualified dermatologist near you. Chemical peels is also a viable option. Warm regards.
Further queries can be sent on follow up messaging