Skin itching since 6 mon

I am suffering from itching all over the body since 6 months or so. This only happens at night time majorly and after taking a ceteragin tablet it is supressed for 3 days and it repeats again. Red rashes, small small bubbles are seen on skin when this itching starts. On doctors consultation it was doubted to be scabies and treatment was offered. But no change is seen.

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin itching since 6 mon

Hi. Greetings. Dear Sir, I wish to enlighten you that itching and rashes could be due to many many reasons and may be tough for us to diagnose just with the limited history you have provided. I would wish to request you to send images of the rashes you have. Most likely you have urticaria. This may need prolonged treatment for a few weeks to months with oral anti histamines to control you symptoms. You can apply calamine lotion for improvement of symptoms. Meet a dermatologist for detailed evaluation and treatment. Hope this helps . warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal.