Skin issue

Sir . i had problem of pimple . with pus since my teenage but now .its reduce . i done all antibiotic treatment and its one give temporary relief and after that medicine stop working . doctor advice me isotretinoin 1year course but my course break after 4 months . but it cure my 75% my problem . but now there is dark spot on my face due to pimple , my face color dark . excess oil on my face . my all face look oily and lips dark since my childhood . please advice me what to do. Thanks
views-icons 44 Views 1 Share Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin issue

Skin care needs to be customized based on the presenting complaints. There are different ways to achieve a flawless skin after acne and it needs medical interventions and commitment on part of the patient. Acne treatment has multiple stages - to control new breakouts, to clear the sequelae (pigmentation and scars) and to prevent a relapse. An attempt to find out the root cause of acne should be made in every patient or else it keeps recurring. Each phase takes a couple of weeks before we move to the next phase of treatment. If you have active acne lesions, it should be controlled on priority basis. Acne scar and pores can be treated with subcisions, dermaroller, fractional CO2 lasers, chemical peels and likewise. Remember combining treatment modalities help to achieve desired results earlier. Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation. Apart from active pharmaceutical medicines, a healthy diet and lifestyle is mandatory to achieve results.
Your dermatologist will decide a treatment plan for you after a consultation.