Skin infection - Inner

I have a infection around my inner thighs, which I had for many years now. I tried applying few cosmetics and tried to keep it dry as suggested on the internet but still the infection exists and itches often. And now it has left a dark sport all around my inner thighs please suggest a remedy or tell me which doctor to consult

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin infection - Inner

Hi. Greetings. This may be a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps.