Skin infection

I started getting rashes around my genital area about a month and a half ago and so I applied itchguard over it for a week and it got better. But now it's happening again and applying itchguard only provides a quick relief. I know it's some kind of infection and I cannot control scratching it.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Hi. Greetings. This may be a fungal infection. Fungal infection is quite common, especially more common in men. This is often related to humidity, tight clothing, excess sweating and accumulation of moisture. You'll need to keep the area dry, wear lose clothing. You'll need to see a dermatologist for confirmation of infection and treatment with oral antifungals and creams. If there's resistance to one particular medicine another medicine may be needed depending on your improvement. DO NOT USE OVER THE COUNTER CREAMS LIKE itch guard or BETNOVATE GM OR PAN DERM OR QUADRIDERM... this will only prolong the infection. Hope this helps. Further queries may be sent on follow up messaging. Warm regards