Skin colour varies

Hi, please see the photos attached. Why are there small pimple like things on my thigh, over the back of my hand and thigh. The colour difference b/w the front and back of my thigh is tremendous? What can i do to remedy it?

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin colour varies

Hi. Greetings. The following would help you : 1. Daily use of sunscreen in day time of SPF 30 applied half hour before sun exposure for all exposed areas 2. Daily bed time use of moisturiser like cetaphil or emoderm. Reapply during lunch break during office hours. The pimples like lesions are keratosis pilaris. 3. Peeling agents and skin lightening agents prescribed by dermatologist for reducing tan and improving your natural skin colour and reducing spots. 4. Evaluation by dermatologist for any systemic cause of pigmentation. 5. Kindly read my blog on daily skin care on Practo health feed. 6. Daily fitness work out and loads of fruits and veggies will help loads in improving your skin. Hope this helps. Warm regards. Dr Govind S Mittal, excel care hospital, Bangalore.