Skin and hair
Hello doctor...I am suffering from cicatricial alopecia confirmed by skin specialist. when I searched in internet about the symptoms of this disease ..the symptoms are like itching, burning  and pain actually I don't have dat type of I am really having dat type of alopecia? or meet some other specialist?
32 Views v

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Dr. Rasya Dixit
Dermatologist 14 yrs exp Bangalore

Free 3 day follow up

Chat Now

₹500 for 24 hrs

Hi Cicatricial alopecia is usually diagnosed by skin biopsy though in severe cases it can be diagnosed by examining. Some cases it may occur without symptoms. Please meet your dermatologist and you may require a biopsy to see if the disease is still active and you need to take treatment for the same. If you do have scarring alopecia it is important to arrest the progress of the balding
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
Let others know if this answer was helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Disclaimer : The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding your medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.