Skin allergy

I have skin allergy for 1-2 yes onwards... If I m expose skin to sun light even with nominal temperature will get itching and rashes ...some allergy marks.. I have tried some cream prescribed by doctor but... Still the problem persists... I hate going out in day light

Doctor Answers (1) on Skin allergy

Dr. Pradnya Shastri Mumbai | Trichologist
You might be suffering from PMLE, which literally means allergy to the sun rays. Unfortunately like any other allergy, once you get this allergy it doesn't tend to go away. But you can definitely prevent it buy:1. Using a broad spectrum sunscreen 30 min before sun exposure. Repeat applications if you are going to be in the sun for more than 2 hours. 2. And wearing full sleeves 3. Carrying an umbrella 4. wearing a suncoat . As cumbersome as it may seem, it isn't once you get used to it. And which doctor did you visit? Was he or she a dermatologist? If no, please visit one and confirm the above diagnosis. A good examination of the skin is very important. Else you'll keep jumping from one doctor to next and one medical help site to the next and still not get answers. Do not use creams without a dermatologists advise.