Sinus prevention

I want to pevention measures for sinus. I experience breath issues and cold regularly. So let me know measures
views-icons 51 Views bookmarks-icon 1 Bookmark Bookmark this Answer

Doctor Answers (2) on Sinus prevention

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
First of all.... Not possible. Let me elaborate...... The paranasal sinuses are hidden spaces in your skull which open into your nose. Sinusitis is when infectious germs enter your nose and hide in these spaces. This is more common when you have a crooked nasal septum making one nasal passage wider than the other. This means that the wider nostril is unable to filter out the germs which then enter your throat, lungs and sinuses. Infection in lungs and throat can be treated easily with antibiotics but unfortunately only about 2% of the antibiotics reach the sinus mucosa and these too are unable to pass the thick biofilms generated by the germs in your sinuses! This is when we ENT Surgeons do Endoscopic Sinus & Nasal Surgery to create a proper pathway for nasal spray medications to reach the affected sinuses which gradually destroy the biofilms so that antibiotics can finally kill these germs! Nowadays we have powerful tools like Microdebriders and LASERs to do this surgery more accurately and with minimal damage to normal tissues and faster healing.
Dr. Sandeep Dachuri Bangalore | ENT/ Otolaryngologist
Hai, the first thing I want to ask you is - what exactly do you mean by the word " sinus" . Is it nose block ? Nasal discharge? Lack of smell sensation? Facial pain ? Bad smell from mouth ? What exactly do you have ? What do you mean by breath issues? Since How long ? (<12 weeks or more than that?)