Sinus disease
I've been diagnosed to have sinusitis one month back. I started using a course of cephalosporin, trypsin,levocitrizine for 5 days I was unable to use the antibiotics in the last days. I was given nasal drops which I use only when I have blocked nose. Ive reduced eating curd and icecream though I still eat icecream once in a week and curd thrice a week. Recently I started having headache again and today I started having post nasal drips and a feeling of spasm in throat with some cough due to irritation in throat. Would you suggest me to undergo the same medication? I won't be able to reach the doctor for a week.

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil
Otologist/ Neurotologist 20 yrs exp Bangalore

You need to get a non-contrast CT scan of your Paranasal Sinuses, in direct cotonal view, 1mm cuts. This will assess the extent and type of disease along with other co-morbidities like deviated nasal septum or polyps or sinonasal anatomical variations. All this information will help the ENT Surgeon to plan the mode of treatment best suited for your particular case.