Single mother syndrome

My daughter got married in 2000 at the age of 20. After a short stint of 3 years in US my soninlaw settled on Bangalor as Design Engineer. Since the time of marriage their relationship was not good due to linterferelnceof her mother-in-law. They have twin boys born in 2004. Since 2012 things got worse and my soninlaw moved out and started living separately. When we asked him he said that she is always quarelling and he couldn't live with her. My daughter feels that his mother is behind this decision. Now a says he comes occasionally to see the children. To help my daughter who works as a teacher in a school myself and my wife moved to Blore and are staying with my daughter. We hv rented a house near by and whenever my s'law comes we go there and leave them alone. But their relationship is not improving and my daughter gets more depressed after his visit. Myself and my wife find it difficult to handle her at times when she gets out of her moods. She starts blaming us for her plight.advi
views-icons 93 Views Bookmark this Answer

Answers (1)

Like the answers? Chat privately for 24 hours with the doctor of your choice

doctor profile image
Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu
Clinical Psychologist 7 yrs exp Bangalore
Hi I'm sure life must be really difficult for everyone right now and being parents you're obviously concerned about your daughter's well being. Your daughter is in a negative state of mind as she is frustrated with things not turning out the way she had expected hence, she vents out her stress by lashing out on you and blaming you for her mishaps. None the less, there are two ways of dealing with this situation. Firstly, with couple counseling where both individuals start communicating and understanding each other to make things work. Secondly, family counseling if both the sets of parents are willing to work on how they can be supportive of the couple. Please get in touch with a counselor who can provide these services asap.
Flag this Answer
Flag this answer
1/1 people found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?