Sideeffectsof Oral Contra

I am single & have bilateral PCOD.My wedding is scheduled next month. Can I safely go on pill?
My wedding is coinciding with my next cycle - so I have another reason to be tempted to take the pill -  today is my last day of present cycle, if I start pill today - I can stop on 15nov n finish with period b4 wedding day

Doctor Answers (1) on Sideeffectsof Oral Contra

Thank you for your question. Congratulations on your wedding.
You are absolutely correct. Taking the combined pill is an excellent decision on your part. There are additional benefits too. Your period will come on time. You may choose to continue to use it to keep your cycle regular, as a contraceptive that's very safe and reversible too, and for the main reason that it protects your ovary and endometrium from the metabolic consequences of PCOD. When you do decide to get pregnant you are more likely to conceive spontaneously than if you left the PCOD as it is.
Best wishes for your wedding