Shud steroids be avoided?

Should steroids be used as a last alternative wen nothing works. Many doctors I c prescribe steroids when I 1st visit dem. Is it d ryt approach? Does d disease makes a come back even stronger if 1 has used steroids? Is dis tru? There r 7 classes of steroids & my doc suggested the one in d super potent category. Why?

Doctor Answers (1) on Shud steroids be avoided?

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,

I understand your problem.

I would have healed you better if you would have mentioned about your condition without mentioning about your condition you are only mentioning about the stperiods and for this I could only say that steroids are safe untill the doctors prescribe you and you following them. Steroids are the substance that which are given only in selective conditions to regularity immunity or in inflammatory conditions. They have sideeffects like immuno suppression and increase in blood sugar levels etc. Inorder to know more about them kindly follow up with your doctor you have prescribed you actually.

Thank you.