Shoulder pain

My shoulder is jammed because i lifted heavy weight (bucket of water) in feb16. After that i am not able to raise my hand completely. It pains a lot when i tries to lift my hand above my chin level or when i lift heavy objects. I have consulted a couple of doctors. They suggested me physiotherapy and some shoulder exercises. I went to physiotherapy for a month and now going on alternate day basis. And doing exercises on daily basis. Both of these are not working positive for me. Nothing is wrong in my xray reports. Kindly suggest.

Pankaj Agrawal
Orthopedist of Superior Extremity 15 yrs exp Mumbai

Dear it is 5 months since your injury. this can be due to cuff tear,a kind of shoulder muscle inside the joint.I suggest you to get your shoulder examined by expert in your area.This problem is completely curable.but delay can compromise result.I suggest any cuff related pain not improving after 4 weeks of physio to get examined by expert and mri test to see the biceps and cuff muscle in your age group.hope you find this helpful.wish you early recovery. regards dr pankaj agrawal.shoulder and knee expert ahmedabad
Dr. Ruchika Bhargava (PT)
Physiotherapist 10 yrs exp Mumbai

Hi. I believe you should continue Physiotherapy- strength training and mobilisation technique if the x-ray is clear. Also since it's unclear what kind of exercises you were doing a good assessment followed by shoulder strengthening is required. Hope that helps.