Shoulder pain
Hi, A month go I fell down while playing. My shoulder pains when I lift my hand up. Please let me know what has happened and can it b cured.

Dr. Ravi Nayak
Orthopedist 11 yrs exp Mumbai

I agree with Dr. Vaishnav. You have pain and inability to move the shoulder after injury. This can be most likely due to injury to the shoulder muscles called "rotator cuff". You should consult an Orthopaedic Surgeon who will examine you thoroughly and prescribe certain Xrays and even an MRI to understand the extent of injury. To start off with, you can use an arm sling pouch for upto 10 days. You may need physiotherapy later.
from your question it appears that you might have a supraspinatus tear.It can be detected on MRI of the shoulder.Consult an orthopaedic surgeon for a clinical examination before MRI.