Shortness of breath

Having shortness of breath which is constant through out the day now a days and very noticeable at night time especially before sleeping. Sometimes I caught cramp on my chest while breathing very hard. I do excercise minimum 3 days a week ( high intensity for an hour such as yoga and Zumba) though that time also I run out of breath and always get cramp / stich on my chest but ignore thinking it's normal. Around 10 years ago I was detected asthma ( heavy coughing and sneezing especially early morning and night ) my doctor said it's asthma due to dust / pollution and was using cipla pump . In between I went to abroad for 3 years and I did not show any coughing or sneezing symptoms and now stopped using the pump. However now I get shortness of breath and feel tight on my chest sometimes I get cramp ( being back to India). This i belive makes me feel fatigue, tired and puts me in discomfort. So now I am confused what should I get checked for and should I start with my GP Doctor.

Doctor Answers (2) on Shortness of breath

Harisha N L Bangalore | General Physician
Hi there I understand your concern... As doctor said please consult pulmonologist and get pulmonary function tests done along with clinical examination... With that fallow breathing excercise for 15-20 mins and meditation to develop stamina. Get a allergy test done in nearest allergy clinic to know about the things you are allergic and avoid coming in contact with such things....they treat you with diluted doses of that allergen to desensitise your body to that allergen...good luck
Dr. Pallavi Mehta Mumbai | General Physician
Hello Dear, Since you already are diagnosed with asthma, I would suggest that you again undergo a pulmonary function test in order to eliminate if there is again any broncho spasms due to asthma.