Short tempered

Hi. My friend his age is 26 gets gets angerr for small reasons nd reacts too much. He doesn't realize what he s speaking or doing. Is it because he s mentally disturbed or depressed. Please give me your suggestions.

Doctor Answers (1) on Short tempered

Ms. Vidhi Shah Prabhu Bangalore | Clinical Psychologist
Hi, Well you have described just two of many other symptoms of depression as well as mental stress. If you could give more details like how often is he sad, does he cry often, become too sensitive, lethargic, has negative thoughts or that his diet and sleep are affected and since how long has he been feeling this way then I can help you better with the diagnosis. However, the other way you can handle this is by consulting a psychologist/counselor or even a psychiatrist for a accurate diagnosis. None the less, in the long run your friend will require counseling as he needs to let go of his anger and talk about his frustrations. Counseling will help him curb any negative behavior. You can consult me as well for the above reasons.