Sharp pain in neck

I feel a sharp pain on back left side of my neck that just below my head exactly just below start of my hair. I feel that pain for 2-3mins and then it becomes normal. I am feeling that pain since 2days . I didn't apply anything to it

Dr. Priyanka Bhati
Physiotherapist 16 yrs exp Kendari

Hello friend The nature of pain you are describing might be because of muscle tightness. Follow these simple steps 1-hot fomentation for 8 to 10 minutes that means  use hot water bag or hot pack. (IT NEEDS TO BE JUST WARM NOT VERY HOT) 2-lying flat,keep your left hand under your left hip so that it's stable 3-now your right hand around your head,right  hand reaching your left cheek. 4-bend your neck with your right hand towards right side as if your right ear is approaching your right shoulder,hold this position for few seconds  and than relax. Repeat this stretching technique if comfortable for 2 to 3 times a day. 5- after giving these stretching take cold pack for 5 to 6 minutes.
Dr. Harsha
Hello there...I can understand your concern. Pain in the neck area could be due to many reasons like disc prolapse, abnormal posture, muscle spasms. You will need detailed clinical examination and further investigations. Even x ray of the cervical region might be required. So kindly consult a nearby orthopedic for further evaluation.