SHAMPOO FOR SEBBORHEIC DE

I have Sebborheic Dermatitis, I'm using Ketaconazole shampoo once a week. But I use regular shampoo to wash on other days. Which shampoo will be good. I notice hairfall during shampooing. Is it because of Oily Scalp? Which shampoo will be good other than Keto shampoo. Please specify the shampoo name directly. Thanks In Advance.

Dr. Govind Suresh Mittal
Trichologist 6 yrs exp Bangalore

Greetings. SEBORRHOEA CAPITIS/ SEBORRHOIEC DERMATITIS OR DANDRUFF is a chronic problem. Please note. Avoid using oils on scalp. This acts as food for fungus causing dandruff. You can apply it only at the hair part and not the scalp for short durations if you wish to. Secondly wash hair with antifungal / low strength corticosteroid based shampoos(when dandruff is severe). Use maintenance shampoos - like follidense or trichosoft regularly if u wish to shampoo you hair more than twice a week and dont wish to use ketoconazole based shampoo. You may need a course of oral antifungals if your condition is severe. See a dermatologist near you. Hope this helps.
see a qualified dermatologist near you
fu