Sexual STD/HIV

I had sex with an unknown girl (escort girl) with condom 3 weeks ago. Should I get tested for HIV/STD.Please help What are my chances of getting HIV?

Doctor Answers (1) on Sexual STD/HIV

Dr. Swathi S Aithal Bangalore | General Physician
Hello,

I understand your feeling.
I thank you on behalf of practo for sharing your personal things.

Your fear of having HIV transmission to you from an unknown person that you had sex is apt. But let me tell you that there will be chance of transmission of HIS through sexual contact is only possible when one among the 2 people should be infected and you will be at risk of you had sex with an infected person. Sincentral you don't know that the person you had sex with is whether infected or not so on this point you can feel free and another point is you used a condom so this is another strong point to say that you are out of risk since condoms usage prevent most if the STDS unless and untill they wear our while intercourse. So you don't need to worry. Inspire if all these still you are doubtfull then you are open to go for a screening test. But my genuine suggestion is not to repeat this once again in your lifetime because wind will not blow on our side always. Hope you understand. Do not put your life in risk for five minute stand happiness.

Thank you.
Avoid risks and lead a happy life.