Sex problem

I fail to feel orgasm l..me n my partner had set for more than  30 in a span of 2 months.but after trying hard also I don't get orgasm..please suggest

Doctor Answers (1) on Sex problem

Dr. Shwetank Bansal Delhi | Psychiatrist
Hi. It is often said that sex is more about what happens in the head rather than what happens in the bed. You have mentioned that you suffer from depression. That, as a condition, can often lead to difficulty in having orgasms . Additionally, some of the medicines for depression can also contribute to what is referred to as 'anorgasmia'.

This is often the result of a vicious cycle, in which the absence of orgasm in one partner for a few days can lead to undue pressure on the couple, which can tend to shift the focus away from pleasure and togetherness during sexual activity, thereby interfering with future orgasms, extending the problem even further.

One thing that will help is for you and your partner not to make a big thing out of orgasm being the objective each time you have sex ,  so as to take away any pressure that you or he might be feeling. You need to try and shift the focus towards being intimate, and feeling comfortable with each other. The orgasm will come as a by-product of that approach.

It might be useful for you to seek help from a professional, who in your case could be your psychiatrist. Proper treatment for depression will also help. There are many ways to correct this situation, but bear in mind that as with all sexual issues, even this is a 'couple-issue', so you and your partner should seek help together.