Severe Throat Swelling

His throat is very swollen and he's not able to eat. He says he feels like there is a problem with his saliva or a gland in his throat. Currently, his GP has prescribed antibiotics but it's been a few days and the swelling is still there. He's only been drinking liquids for the greater part of a week and it's starting to worry me. He's diabetic and is being medicated for that as well. What would you recommend?

Doctor Answers (2) on Severe Throat Swelling

Dr. Gladson Guddappa Uchil Bangalore | ENT/ Otorhinolaryngologist
Please take him to a good ENT Specialist.
use this app to search for a good ENT Specialist in your neighbourhood and fix up an instant appointment
Dr. Anil Kumar Jain Bangalore | General Physician
Hello there.

I can understand your concern. 
He needs to do warm saline gargle . Or he can use a betadine throat gargle solution which is available in the market.
Do it thrice a day.
Also he will have to consult a ENT specialist in person for further evaluation and management. 
Next time when you post any question, be sure to attach the names of all medications that he is taking.
It would have been helpful if you had mentioned what antibiotic his GP has prescribed. 
Best regards. 
Dr. Anil kumar jain