Severe Sneezing

Hello Sir, I am suffering from severe sneezing from last three years. Currently am consuming LEVOCETIRIZINE daily to control that. Once i stopped taking this tablet, again i will get sneezing. Sir kindly suggest me that Is it safe to consume Levocetirizine daily..If not kindly provide a appropriate solution in order to run daily life in smooth. Thanks and Regards, Kavi.

Dr. Bodhisatwa Choudhuri
General Physician 9 yrs exp Kolkata

You may be suffering from Allergic rhinitis which is causing this chronic sneezing problems. Regular intake of Levocetrizine does help it, but in long-term it has its side-effects. I would suggest you to undergo following tests - Blood for Complete Hemogram, CRP, Serum IgE and Skin Allergy test. I would advise you to take tab TELEKAST-L 10mg (Montelukast + Levocetrizine) daily at night instead of plain Levocetrizine tablets. And you have to keep yourself away from potential triggering allergens (which can be found by Skin Allergy Test). Hope these helps. Regards Dr Choudhuri